The Center is responsible for the following activities:
- regional social and economic policy of Russia, economic federalism, stability and depressiveness of territorial systems;
- formation of strategic plans for social and economic development of cities and regions;
- problems of sustainable economic and social development of the Region, the Baikal region, and enhancing their role in interregional and international markets for goods and services;
- molecular and cellular biology;
- translational medicine (surgery, traumatology and orthopedics, cardiology, neurology, pathological physiology, clinical pharmacology).