MULTIDISCIPLINARY YOUTH ACADEMIC RESEARCH CONFERENCE
«Science Present and Future: Research Landscape in the 21st century»
Organizers: Department of Foreign Languages and Philosophy, Irkutsk Science Center.
Participants: young researchers aged under 40, graduate and postgraduate students, administrators, teachers, practitioners and scholars doing research in a broad variety of fields and eager to share scientific outcomes with the professional community.
Venue: Irkutsk Science Center, Irkutsk, Lermontov str., 134
The aim of the Conference is to bring researchers and professionals to discuss recent developments in both theoretical and applied areas, to create the knowledge exchange platform and stimulate discussion on key interdisciplinary issues.
Working language: English
Keynote speakers: to be announced
Selected papers presented at the conference will be published after the conference completion.
We invite abstracts, papers, and proposals in any of the following five tracks:
1. Maths and IT Technologies
2. Power Engineering and Technology
3. Life-sciences on the Cutting Edge of Science
4. Geosciences, Solar Sciences and Hydrosciences: New Frontiers
5. Language Research and Teaching: Legacy and Future
1. Increasing awareness of the hot topics in modern science.
2. Developing strong professional communication skills through expert linguistic consulting on oral and written presentation of your scientific research in English for submission to academic English language journals:
* improving structure and quality of written scientific communication
* adjusting the writing style to make it consistent and logical and conform to a chosen standard
* improving clarity and logic of presentation
* checking the English language oral and written presentation for spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
3. Presentation of your ideas and results to the professional scientific community in English
4. Publishing your research results in English
5. Extension of your network and coming up with new ideas
6. Diving into the environment of dynamic and progressive young researchers
Guidelines for proposals and submissions:
* Proposals should clearly state the desired track of the Conference, include name and institutional affiliation, topic of the presentation, a telephone number and e-mail address.
* Abstracts should clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results.
* Abstracts in Word format should not exceed 600 words (including examples, title and references). Only references mentioned in the text may be listed.
* Abstracts should be written in English in order to facilitate the reviewing process.
* All the proceedings are in electronic format since this makes it easier to disseminate the articles.
* Our authors maintain full copyright and control over their intellectual property. They may publish their work elsewhere, whenever and wherever they like, without the need for our authorization.
* Delegates may also attend a conference without submitting or publishing any research.
* Each registered participant, irrespective of whether he or she submits a paper for publication, will receive a Certificate of Participation at the conference.
Guidelines for oral presentations and poster sessions:
* Authors may deliver their work during the conference either as (i) a 10-minute oral presentation (+5 minute Q@A session), (ii) a poster session, (iii) a workshop.
* Oral presentation, poster report and power point presentation should be in English.
* The presentation room will be equipped with a laptop, a digital projector and a projector screen. The laptop will be set up for Powerpoint presentations. Linux and Mac users are asked to save their presentations in a compatible format.
Chairperson Konstantin A. Aparzin DSc (Medicine) ISC SB RAS
(to be corrected)
Vladimir A. Shelehov, DSc (Phys.Math.) ISC SB RAS
Aleksey A. Shalaev, PhD (Phys.Math.) IGC SB RAS
Anton A. Gladkov, PhD (Geol.-Min.) IEC SB RAS
Elena P. Belousova PhD (Geography) ISTP SB RAS
Natalia V. Maksimova, PhD (Biology) LIN SB RAS
Nikolai I. Pogodaev, PhD (Phys.Math.) ISDCT SB RAS
Vadim I. Bel’kov , PhD (Biology) SIPPB SB RAS
Chairperson Nataliya A. Sverdlova, PhD (Philology), Associate Professor, Head of Scientific and Educational Department
Stanislav A. Mazilkin, Head of International and Analytical Group of Scientific and Organizing Department ISC SB RAS
Nadezhda N. Efimova, PhD (Philology), Associate Professor ISC SB RAS